If you have any questions and concerns, which can not be addressed by our FAQ, Please feel free to contact us by e-mail at:   contactboomersontour.com.au

How Do I get a China Visa?

Visa is required for Australian and most other nationalities.
Boomers on Tour will help you procure your visa after you have confirmed your tour to China booking with us. Detailed instruction, application fee and visa application form will be sent to you upon receipt of your tour deposit. You can also apply directly at the Chinese Embassy in Canberra, or the Consulates General in Sydney, Melbourne, Perth.

Canberra Chinese Embassy
15 Coronation Drive, Yarralumla, ACT 2600
Tel: 02 6273 4783 6273 4471
Sydney Consulate General
39 Dunblane Street, Camperdown, NSW 2050
Tel: 02 8595 8002 Fax: 02 8595 8001
Melbourne Consulate General
75 – 77 Irving Road, Toorak
Vic 3142
Tel: 03 9804 3683
Perth Consulate General
Level 3, Australia Place, 15-17 William Street,
Peth, WA 6000
Tel: 08 9481 3278

You can also download Visa application form from our website : China Visa Application Form

Do I need immunisations?

No immunizations are required for your Tour to China, unless the traveller is coming from a yellow fever infected area. The Traveller’s Medical and Vaccination Center (TMVC ) recommends all travellers have current polio and tetanus immunizations . For travelling into countryside, immune globulin is also recommended to combat hepatitis A, as is typhoid immunization. It is very important to bring along a supply of wide spectrum antibiotics, an anti-diarrhoeal agent, and any other prescription drugs required. For most update information, please contact TMVC in Sydney or visit their web site at http://www.tmvc.com.au/

Do I need visa for visit to Hong Kong.

For Australia Passport Holders, visa is not required within 90 days there as a tourist. For other passport holders, please inquire with your nearest PRC Embassies or Consulates.

When is the best time to go on a Tour to China?

Deciding when to tour China depends on which places you wish to visit, what type of weather you enjoy, and how much a bargain you want. Remember that China is a big country with many different climates and types of terrain. Think of it in terms of Australia, which China resembles in size and shape. Travelling along the Golden Route (Beijing Xian, Shanghai, and Guilin) is like visiting Sydney, Melbourne, Gold Coast and Canberra all in one trip. May, September, and October are the peak tourist months at Chinas most popular destinations, when the weather is most comfortable. The shoulder season runs from late March through April and from June through August. The off-season arrives in late November, and continues through the winter. Bearing in mind that we are in the southern hemisphere the season they have is actually opposite of what we have here.

Whom should I contact for more general information about a tour to China?

China National Tourism Administration Overseas Offices.

China National Tourist Office, Sydney
11th Floor, 234 George Street,
Sydney NSW 2000,
Tel: 02-9252 9838
Fax: 02-9252 2728
Email: chinainfo@cnto.org.au

What is the Voltage in China?

220 Volt AC; 50Hz.

What Currency should I bring on my tour to China?

In China, the local currency is ‘Yuan’. Currently 1 Australian dollar equals to 7.5 Yuan. (This figure changes regularly).   We recommend that you bring your credit card, American Express, Travellers Cheque and small amounts of cash. Most major hotels and shops in major cities accept major credit cards. You may also cash your Travellers Cheque. You can get a bit higher exchange rate if you cash the Travellers cheque. Personal cheques are not acceptable.

In Hong Kong, the local currency is HK Dollar. 1 Australian dollar equals to 6.4 HK dollars. Please be noted the exchange rate fluctuates and information provided here is for your reference only.

What about luggage allowance for domestic flights?

For domestic China and Intra-asia flights, you are allowed to check in one piece of luggage. The limitation is 20 Kilograms (44 pounds) total.

Is the Tap water drinkable?

Tap water is not drinkable in China. We recommend that you buy bottled water there, it is inexpensive and available everywhere.

Do I have to tip when join a organised tour?

Though Chinese Government does not encourage tipping. However, it has become a very popular norm to tip the tour guide and driver in recognition of their good service. Also, hotel bellboy expects your tips as well. It is not customary to leave tips at local restaurant. Normally, you do not need to tip at hotel restaurants, as the bill includes service charge.

Just say YES and your tour begins

Book Now: 0402 437 319.

What to Pack

Walking shoes plus one other pair suitable for dressing up.

3 Shirts, 1 jacket, 1 cardigan, 1 jeans, 1 skirt or dress, scarf, 1 singlet, underwear. Nightwear. Sox/stockings.

Toiletries, make up, medications, adapter, alarm clock.

NB. You don’t need a hairdryer, an iron or shampoo and conditioner or soap – all supplied.

Take a back pack.  Carry in it:  Water, sunglasses, sunscreen, hat, band aides, lip balm, passport, itinerary, mobile phone and camera, spare batteries, muesli bar.

Take copies of passport and insurance papers and place in separate bag.

Carry a bumbag round your waist for money.

Check the weather in China here.

Book Online Now »